Hack and / - Message for You Sir
Dec 01, 2009 By Kyle Rankin
Why check for new e-mail every minute when a script can do it for you? Learn how to trigger desktop notifications in your own scripts.
Kyle Rankin is a director of engineering operations in the San Francisco Bay Area, the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- Linux for Astronomers
- February 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Web Development
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database