At the Forge - OpenSocial and Google Gadgets
For the latest updates on OpenSocial, consult the Google group for OpenSocial at groups.google.com/group/opensocial. I particularly suggest looking at the list of recent activity, which is at groups.google.com/group/opensocial/web/whats-up-with-opensocial.
Extensive information about Google Gadgets can be found at code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/basic.html, including many examples. Some of the examples and instructions were slightly out of date, but with a bit of digging, you should be able to figure out what is going on.
To understand more about this month's specific example, which involved retrieving remote content, consult code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/remote-content.html.
Marc Andreessen, who cofounded Netscape and is now running the Ning site for creating social networks, writes a blog about the software industry, startups and OpenSocial at blog.pmarca.com.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database developer and consultant, is a PhD candidate in learning sciences at Northwestern University, studying on-line learning communities. He recently returned (with his wife and three children) to their home in Modi'in, Israel, after four years in the Chicago area.
- Reducing Boot Time in Embedded Linux Systems
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep