At the Forge - OpenSocial and Google Gadgets
For the latest updates on OpenSocial, consult the Google group for OpenSocial at groups.google.com/group/opensocial. I particularly suggest looking at the list of recent activity, which is at groups.google.com/group/opensocial/web/whats-up-with-opensocial.
Extensive information about Google Gadgets can be found at code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/basic.html, including many examples. Some of the examples and instructions were slightly out of date, but with a bit of digging, you should be able to figure out what is going on.
To understand more about this month's specific example, which involved retrieving remote content, consult code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/remote-content.html.
Marc Andreessen, who cofounded Netscape and is now running the Ning site for creating social networks, writes a blog about the software industry, startups and OpenSocial at blog.pmarca.com.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database developer and consultant, is a PhD candidate in learning sciences at Northwestern University, studying on-line learning communities. He recently returned (with his wife and three children) to their home in Modi'in, Israel, after four years in the Chicago area.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- New Products
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie
- New Products
- RSS Feeds