The Day the Earth Stood Still
“Linux is the OS of choice for the film industry”, says Autodesk Television Industry Manager Bruno Sargeant. “Linux leverages the processing power of current workstations and allows Flame and Inferno to reach performance previously obtainable only with supercomputers like SGI.”
Even more important than Linux are the artists using Linux. “Computers are machines, and they're no different from a paintbrush”, says Okun. “It's the artist running the computer who makes the difference.”
Robin Rowe is a Linux consultant and the project leader of CinePaint (www.CinePaint.org).
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers