Economy Size Geek - A Pico-Sized Platform with Potential
Neither of these examples should dampen your enthusiasm for the Beagle Board. I included them to highlight the challenges involved in working in an embedded/non-x86 environment. The good news is that the software issues I ran into will likely be fixed as more energy is put into supporting the ARM platform.
All in all, it is a neat platform. It allows me to attack problems that are too small for a full-blown PC without requiring me to be an embedded expert (which I'm not).
Dirk Elmendorf is cofounder of Rackspace, some-time home-brewer, longtime Linux advocate and even longer-time programmer.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Web Administration Scripts
- New Products
- on the ground
2 hours 46 min ago
- I was able to read the whole
4 hours 15 min ago
- since i have read the title i
7 hours 35 min ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
7 hours 41 min ago
- The kernel doesn't really
19 hours 51 min ago
20 hours 22 min ago
20 hours 23 min ago
22 hours 27 min ago
- This should be very helpful
23 hours 41 min ago
- As much as I share your point
1 day 2 hours ago