Economy Size Geek - A Pico-Sized Platform with Potential
Neither of these examples should dampen your enthusiasm for the Beagle Board. I included them to highlight the challenges involved in working in an embedded/non-x86 environment. The good news is that the software issues I ran into will likely be fixed as more energy is put into supporting the ARM platform.
All in all, it is a neat platform. It allows me to attack problems that are too small for a full-blown PC without requiring me to be an embedded expert (which I'm not).
Dirk Elmendorf is cofounder of Rackspace, some-time home-brewer, longtime Linux advocate and even longer-time programmer.
- The Awesome Program You Never Should Use
- New Products
- Synchronize Your Life with ownCloud
- Days Between Dates?
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- A GUI for Your CLI?
- RSS Feeds
- An Introduction to OpenGL Programming
- Ubuntu & SUSE & CentOS, Oh My!