Economy Size Geek - A Pico-Sized Platform with Potential
Neither of these examples should dampen your enthusiasm for the Beagle Board. I included them to highlight the challenges involved in working in an embedded/non-x86 environment. The good news is that the software issues I ran into will likely be fixed as more energy is put into supporting the ARM platform.
All in all, it is a neat platform. It allows me to attack problems that are too small for a full-blown PC without requiring me to be an embedded expert (which I'm not).
Dirk Elmendorf is cofounder of Rackspace, some-time home-brewer, longtime Linux advocate and even longer-time programmer.
- Brent Laster's Professional Git (Wrox)
- Own Your DNS Data
- Smoothwall Express
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python