Economy Size Geek - A Pico-Sized Platform with Potential
Neither of these examples should dampen your enthusiasm for the Beagle Board. I included them to highlight the challenges involved in working in an embedded/non-x86 environment. The good news is that the software issues I ran into will likely be fixed as more energy is put into supporting the ARM platform.
All in all, it is a neat platform. It allows me to attack problems that are too small for a full-blown PC without requiring me to be an embedded expert (which I'm not).
Dirk Elmendorf is cofounder of Rackspace, some-time home-brewer, longtime Linux advocate and even longer-time programmer.
- Tips for Optimizing Linux Memory Usage
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Introduction
- Working with Command Arguments
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Installation
- Fancy Tricks for Changing Numeric Base
- CentOS 6.8 Released
- Linux Mint 18
- The Italian Army Switches to LibreOffice
- Petros Koutoupis' RapidDisk