Completely Fair Scheduler
The CFS design is quite radical and innovative in its approach. Features like the modular scheduler ease the task of integrating new scheduler types to the core scheduler.
Linux Kernel Source Code (2.6.23/2.6.24): sched-design-CFS.txt by Ingo Molnar
IBM Developer Works Article Multiprocessing with the Completely Fair Scheduler: kerneltrap.org/node/8059
Blog Post Related to CFS: immike.net/blog/2007/08/01/what-is-the-completely-fair-scheduler
Chandandeep Singh Pabla works at STMicroelectronics. He has extensive experience in the development of embedded software for multimedia (DVD/STB) chipsets on multiple operating systems. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Gentoo for All the Unusual Reasons
- PostScript, The Forgotten Art of Programming
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- rsync, Part II
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Create Your Own Linux Desktop and Take It with You
- Make Stunning Schenker Graphs with GNU Lilypond
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python