Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
The AMQ protocol and its open-source implementations provide a solution for anyone requiring high-performance, versatile message communications. As I demonstrate here, using the Apache Qpid message broker is an easy way to achieve these goals. See my blog at www.globalherald.net/jb01 for further discussion regarding this article.
“Is AMQP on the way to providing real business interoperability?” by Steven Robbins: www.infoq.com/news/2008/08/amqp-progress
“Toward a Commodity Enterprise Middleware: Can AMQP Enable a New Era in Messaging Middleware? A Look Inside Standards-Based Messaging with AMQP” by John O'Hara: queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1255424
By day, Joshua Kramer is an integration specialist with Belron US, the autoglass company. By night, he creates unique social-networking presences using technologies such as Linux, Django and AMQP. Josh has a Bachelor's degree in Philosophy from Capital University and lives in rural Ohio.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App
- Tails above the Rest, Part III