Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
The AMQ protocol and its open-source implementations provide a solution for anyone requiring high-performance, versatile message communications. As I demonstrate here, using the Apache Qpid message broker is an easy way to achieve these goals. See my blog at www.globalherald.net/jb01 for further discussion regarding this article.
“Is AMQP on the way to providing real business interoperability?” by Steven Robbins: www.infoq.com/news/2008/08/amqp-progress
“Toward a Commodity Enterprise Middleware: Can AMQP Enable a New Era in Messaging Middleware? A Look Inside Standards-Based Messaging with AMQP” by John O'Hara: queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1255424
By day, Joshua Kramer is an integration specialist with Belron US, the autoglass company. By night, he creates unique social-networking presences using technologies such as Linux, Django and AMQP. Josh has a Bachelor's degree in Philosophy from Capital University and lives in rural Ohio.
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- New Products
- DevOps for Dummies
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Open Axiom
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python