Linux Journal Contents #98, June 2002
Kode KDE Kindly, Kan You?
by Jason Mott
Help Linux conquer the desktop with your own KDE app.
Emacs: the Free Software IDE
by Charles Curley
Not just for text editing—Emacs is the IDE that's been there all along.
by Doug Farrell
Sure it's no system for a basis of government, but Python can help build smart dialog boxes.
Python 2.2 Q&A with Guido van Rossum, Creator of Python
by Wesley J. Chun
No full monty, just Guido's honest opinions.
The OSCAR Revolution
by Richard Ferri
Making clusters easy to build for the nonprogrammer.
Kernel Korner A NATural Progression
by David A. Bandel
At the Forge Zope Page Templates
by Reuven M. Lerner
Cooking with Linux Programming Life!
by Marcel Gagné
Paranoid Penguin BestCrypt: Cross-Platform Filesystem Encryption
by Mick Bauer
GFX Silicon Grail RAYZ
by Robin Rowe
Focus on Software
Striking a Nerve
by David A. Bandel
Focus on Embedded Systems
Embedded Systems Conference 2002
by Rick Lehrbaum
by Lawrence Rosen
Linux for Suits
Identity from the Inside Out
by Doc Searls
Hewlett-Packard x4000 Workstation
by Thad Beier
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
|Trying to Tame the Tablet||May 08, 2013|
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- New Products
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- Home, My Backup Data Center
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Android is Linux -- why no better inter-operation
1 min 37 sec ago
- Connecting Android device to desktop Linux via USB
30 min 7 sec ago
- Find new cell phone and tablet pc
1 hour 28 min ago
2 hours 57 min ago
- Automatically updating Guest Additions
4 hours 5 min ago
- I like your topic on android
4 hours 52 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
5 hours 13 min ago
- This is the easiest tutorial
11 hours 27 min ago
- Ahh, the Koolaid.
17 hours 6 min ago
- git-annex assistant
23 hours 5 min ago
Enter to Win an Adafruit Prototyping Pi Plate Kit for Raspberry Pi
It's Raspberry Pi month at Linux Journal. Each week in May, Adafruit will be giving away a Pi-related prize to a lucky, randomly drawn LJ reader. Winners will be announced weekly.
Fill out the fields below to enter to win this week's prize-- a Prototyping Pi Plate Kit for Raspberry Pi.
Congratulations to our winners so far:
- 5-8-13, Pi Starter Pack: Jack Davis
- 5-15-13, Pi Model B 512MB RAM: Patrick Dunn
- Next winner announced on 5-21-13!
Free Webinar: Linux Backup and Recovery
Most companies incorporate backup procedures for critical data, which can be restored quickly if a loss occurs. However, fewer companies are prepared for catastrophic system failures, in which they lose all data, the entire operating system, applications, settings, patches and more, reducing their system(s) to “bare metal.” After all, before data can be restored to a system, there must be a system to restore it to.
In this one hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for better disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible bare-metal recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.