Linux Journal Contents #96, April 2002
Apr 01, 2002 By Staff
UNIX under the Desktop
by Doc Searls and Brent Simmons
Doc and Brent speculate on the possiblities presented by the UNIX that is the latest Mac OS.
Build a Virtual CD-ROM Jukebox
by Jeremy Impson
Jeremy shows how to set up a Linux server providing access to ISO 9660 images.
Connect to Microsoft SQL 2000 with the Perl Sybase Module
by Andrew Trice
Thought you couldn't use Perl to interface with an MS SQL server? Think again.
An Interview with Andreas Leimer
by Phil Hughes
We talk to Inalambrica.net's CTO about how they use Linux to bring internet connectivity to Costa Rica.
Linux IPv6: Which One to Deploy?
by Ibrahim Haddad
Ibrahim gives the dope on the various open-source IPv6 projects.
Take Command The m4 Macro Package
by Robert Adams
Kernel Korner Hot Plug
by Greg Kroah-Hartman
At the Forge Writing Zope Products
by Reuven M. Lerner
Cooking with Linux Interoperate with Me
by Marcel Gagné
Paranoid Penguin Hardening Sendmail
by Mick Bauer
GFX Linux Graphics Drivers
by Robin Rowe
by Lawrence Rosen
Focus on Software
by David A. Bandel
Focus on Embedded Systems
Interview with the Preemptible Kernel Patch Maintainer
by Rick Lehrbaum
The CodeWeavers CrossOver Plugin
by Dave Phillips
SnapGear Lite: an Inexpensive Home Office/Small Office Firewall and VPN Client
by Alan Zeichick
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- New Products
- Wine 1.8 Released