Linux Journal Contents #88, August 2001
Aug 01, 2001 By Staff
by Richard Vernon
The Trials and Tribulations of Installing LinuxPPC 2000 Q4
by Paul Barry
How easy is it to use Linux on a Mac?
PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
by Bruce Momjian
Configure to get the most from PostgreSQL.
freeVSD Enables Safe Experiments
by Randall Embry
Take the danger out of testing new software (and administrators) with freeVSD.
Kernel Korner Kernel Tuning Gives 40% Gains
by Rick Gorton
At the Forge XMLC
by Reuven M. Lerner
Cooking with Linux Launch, not Lunch Platforms!
by Marcel Gagné
Paranoid Penguin swatch: Automated Log Monitoring for the Vigilant but Lazy
by Mick Bauer
GFX DreamWorks Features Linux and Animation
by Robin Rowe
Linley on Linux New Chips Make Security Almost Free
by Linley Gwennap
Focus on Software
by David Bandel
Focus on Embedded Systems
by Rick Lehrbaum
Geek Law Copyright Questions
by Lawrence Rosen
by Petr Sorfa
by Choong Ng
PostgreSQL: Introduction and Concepts
by Stephanie Black
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Firefox OS
- New Products