Linux Journal Contents #87, July 2001
Jul 01, 2001 By Staff
Focus: Program Development
by Don Marti
Debugging Memory on Linux
by Petr Sorfa
Sorfa provides some examples of multiple debugging methods.
CVS: An Introduction
by Ralph Krause
Krause explains the workings and uses of this version control system.
Create User Interfaces with Glade
by Mitch Chapman
Discover the joys of creating GUI apps with Glade and Python—Chapman shows us how.
Automating Firewall Log Scanning
by Leo Liberti
Liberti gives some clues for increasing security and saving time by automating log scanning.
At the Forge Custom JSP Actions
by Reuven M. Lerner
Cooking with Linux Programming Silence OUT!
by Marcel Gagné
Paranoid Penguin Intrusion Detection for the Masses
by Mick Bauer
GFX Linux at NAB
by Robin Rowe
Linux in Education: Integrating a Linux Cluster into a Production High Performance Computing Environment
by Troy Baer
Linux for Suits Whose Hand Is That in Your Pocket?
by Doc Searls
Focus on Embedded Systems Linux at the Embedded Systems Conference
by Rick Lehrbaum
Geek Law: Copyright Confusion
by Lawrence Rosen
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Server Hardening
- New Products
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation