Linux Journal Contents #38, June 1997
Jun 01, 1997 By Staff
Who Is At the Door: The SYN Denial of Service
by Douglas L. Stewart, P. Tobin Maginnis and Thomas Simpson
What SYN really is, why it's needed in TCP/IP, why the denial of service attack works and how to prevent it.
Network Management & Monitoring with Linux
by David Guerrero
Monitoring network activity is a necessity for today's managers. Here are some handy and easily accessible tools for doing so.
News & Articles
Product Reviews Wabi 2.2
by Dwight L Johnson
Product Reviews OSS/Linux Sound Driver
by Jeff Tranter
Book Reviews Linux in a Nutshell
by Sid Wentworth
Book Reviews Programming with GNU Software
by Randyl Britten
Using MSQL in a Web-Based Production Environment
by B. Scott Burkett
At the Forge Creating a Multiple Choice Quiz System
by Reuven Lerner
by Doc Searls
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Why Python?
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python