Linux Journal Contents #38, June 1997
Jun 01, 1997 By Staff
Who Is At the Door: The SYN Denial of Service
by Douglas L. Stewart, P. Tobin Maginnis and Thomas Simpson
What SYN really is, why it's needed in TCP/IP, why the denial of service attack works and how to prevent it.
Network Management & Monitoring with Linux
by David Guerrero
Monitoring network activity is a necessity for today's managers. Here are some handy and easily accessible tools for doing so.
News & Articles
Product Reviews Wabi 2.2
by Dwight L Johnson
Product Reviews OSS/Linux Sound Driver
by Jeff Tranter
Book Reviews Linux in a Nutshell
by Sid Wentworth
Book Reviews Programming with GNU Software
by Randyl Britten
Using MSQL in a Web-Based Production Environment
by B. Scott Burkett
At the Forge Creating a Multiple Choice Quiz System
by Reuven Lerner
by Doc Searls
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- Wine 1.8 Released