Linux Journal Contents #34, February 1997
Feb 01, 1997 By Staff
NF/Observatory Networking with Linux
by Fred Treasure
An observatory in New Mexico uses Linux to network the computers providing remote control of its optical telescope.
xldlas - A Program for Statistics
by Thor Sigvaldason
Unable to find a program for doing simple statistical choresthat worked on Linux, the author decided to write one.
What is Multi-Threading?
by Martin McCarthy
A primer on multi-threading: the process whereby linux manages several tasks simultaneously.
News & Articles
A Comparison of Xemacs and GNU emacs
by Larry Ayers
Introducing Real-Time Linux
by Michael Barabanov and Victor Yodaiken
At Last, An X-Based vi
by Dan Wilder
XBanner: Making XDM More Attractive
by Amit Margalit
Graphing with lout
by Michael Hall
WATCHDOG: The Linux Software Daemon
by Michael Meskes
Product Review System Commander
by Terrence Miller
Book Review Practical UNIX and Internet Security, 2nd ed.
by Dan Wilder
At the Forge CGI Programming
by Reuven Lerner
Writing CGI Scripts in Python
by Michel Vanaken
CGI: Safety First
by Hans de Vreught
- Open-Source Space
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Numerical Python
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- New Storage Solution is Music to the Ears of Fast-Growing Digital Music Company
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- UX Designer