Linux Journal Contents #33, January 1997
Jan 01, 1997 By Staff
Let Linux Speak
by David Sugar
How an ad for a speech synthesizer led to the the development of a speech server under Linux.
Booting Linux from EPROM
by Dave Bennett
A quick look at making Linux bootable from EPROM on a 486single board computer.
Using Linux with Programmable Logic Controllers
by J.P.G. Quintana
Combining programmable logic controllers with linux can be acost-effective and robust method for providing specializedcontrol systems.
News & Articles
Disk Maintenance under Linux (Disk Recovery)
by David A Bandel
Satellite Tracking with Linux
by Kenneth E Harker
Free SCO OpenServer Has Its Place
by Evan Leibovitch
Caldera's Bryan Sparks
by Phil Hughes
Product Review Netactive SynergieServer Pro
by Jonathan Gross
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory