Linux Journal Contents #33, January 1997
Jan 01, 1997 By Staff
Let Linux Speak
by David Sugar
How an ad for a speech synthesizer led to the the development of a speech server under Linux.
Booting Linux from EPROM
by Dave Bennett
A quick look at making Linux bootable from EPROM on a 486single board computer.
Using Linux with Programmable Logic Controllers
by J.P.G. Quintana
Combining programmable logic controllers with linux can be acost-effective and robust method for providing specializedcontrol systems.
News & Articles
Disk Maintenance under Linux (Disk Recovery)
by David A Bandel
Satellite Tracking with Linux
by Kenneth E Harker
Free SCO OpenServer Has Its Place
by Evan Leibovitch
Caldera's Bryan Sparks
by Phil Hughes
Product Review Netactive SynergieServer Pro
by Jonathan Gross
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Docker: Lightweight Linux Containers for Consistent Development and Deployment
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Sequencing the SARS Virus
- Linux Systems Administrator
- My Other Computer Is a Supercomputer