Linux Journal Contents #31, November 1996
Linux Goes 3D: An Introduction to Mesa/Open GL
by Jörg-Rüdiger Hill
Discover Mesa, a 3D graphics library that is source code-compatible with OpenGL.
Qt GUI Toolkit
by Eirik Eng
Porting graphics to multiple platforms using a GUI toolkit.
Graphics Tools for Linux
by Michael J Hammel
Can you really do professional graphic art on a Linux system? If you're aware of all the available tools, you can.
OpenGL Programming on Linux
by Vincent S Cojot
How one student used Linux and OpenGL to build a 3D, network-capable tank game.
News and Articles
The Java Developer's Kit
by Arman Danesh
LJ Interviews Larry Gritz
by Amy Wood
The Linux-GGI Project
by Steffen Seeger and Andreas Beck
Java and Postgres95
by Bill Binko
Letters to the Editor
From the Publisher
Keyboards, Consoles, and VT Cruising
Linux Means Business
MkLinux: Linux Comes to the Power Macintosh
Best of Technical Support
Directories & References
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
|Trying to Tame the Tablet||May 08, 2013|
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- New Products
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- Home, My Backup Data Center
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Find new cell phone and tablet pc
52 min 24 sec ago
2 hours 21 min ago
- Automatically updating Guest Additions
3 hours 29 min ago
- I like your topic on android
4 hours 16 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
4 hours 37 min ago
- This is the easiest tutorial
10 hours 51 min ago
- Ahh, the Koolaid.
16 hours 30 min ago
- git-annex assistant
22 hours 30 min ago
- direct cable connection
22 hours 52 min ago
- Agreed on AirDroid. With my
23 hours 2 min ago
Enter to Win an Adafruit Prototyping Pi Plate Kit for Raspberry Pi
It's Raspberry Pi month at Linux Journal. Each week in May, Adafruit will be giving away a Pi-related prize to a lucky, randomly drawn LJ reader. Winners will be announced weekly.
Fill out the fields below to enter to win this week's prize-- a Prototyping Pi Plate Kit for Raspberry Pi.
Congratulations to our winners so far:
- 5-8-13, Pi Starter Pack: Jack Davis
- 5-15-13, Pi Model B 512MB RAM: Patrick Dunn
- Next winner announced on 5-21-13!
Free Webinar: Linux Backup and Recovery
Most companies incorporate backup procedures for critical data, which can be restored quickly if a loss occurs. However, fewer companies are prepared for catastrophic system failures, in which they lose all data, the entire operating system, applications, settings, patches and more, reducing their system(s) to “bare metal.” After all, before data can be restored to a system, there must be a system to restore it to.
In this one hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for better disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible bare-metal recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.