Linux Journal Contents #31, November 1996
Nov 01, 1996 By Staff
Linux Goes 3D: An Introduction to Mesa/Open GL
by Jörg-Rüdiger Hill
Discover Mesa, a 3D graphics library that is source code-compatible with OpenGL.
Qt GUI Toolkit
by Eirik Eng
Porting graphics to multiple platforms using a GUI toolkit.
Graphics Tools for Linux
by Michael J Hammel
Can you really do professional graphic art on a Linux system? If you're aware of all the available tools, you can.
OpenGL Programming on Linux
by Vincent S Cojot
How one student used Linux and OpenGL to build a 3D, network-capable tank game.
News and Articles
The Java Developer's Kit
by Arman Danesh
LJ Interviews Larry Gritz
by Amy Wood
The Linux-GGI Project
by Steffen Seeger and Andreas Beck
Java and Postgres95
by Bill Binko
Letters to the Editor
From the Publisher
Keyboards, Consoles, and VT Cruising
Linux Means Business
MkLinux: Linux Comes to the Power Macintosh
Best of Technical Support
Directories & References
Today five randomly drawn entrants will win:
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock mug and LJ subscription
Enter to Win
|December Daily Giveaways are Back!||Dec 01, 2015|
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- December Daily Giveaways are Back!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration