Linux Journal Contents #27, July 1996
Jul 01, 1996 By Staff
IP Masquerading with Linux
by Chris Kostick
How to enable and configure IP masquerading, also known as Network Address Translation, for Linux.
Understanding Red Hat Run Levels
by Mark F. Komarinski
How to easily add to or modify the existing subsystems of Red Hat distributions of Linux.
Filters: Doing it Your Way
by Malcolm Murphy
A look at several of the more flexible filters, programs that read some input, perform some operation on it, and write the altered data as output.
The New Korn Shell
by David G. Korn, Charles J. Northrup, and Jeffery Korn
ksh93, the latest major revision of the Korn Shell language, provides an alternative to Tcl and Perl.
News and Articles
Samba in the Home and Office
by Peter Kelly
Linux makes a great server for any computer network.
Maceater A true story; Linux pings connectivity to an office of Apple computers.
by Jonathan Gross
A true story; Linux pings connectivity to an office of Apple computers. i
by Gregory A. Meinke
Not just for CAD/CAM Anymore
Serving Two Masters
by Michael K. Johnson
Getting Linux and Windows 95 to coexist
Basic fvwm Configuration
by John M. Fisk
Tips for using fvwm, an X-Windows manager
by David Alan Black
Combining the functions of Usenet and the WWW
Directories & References
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
|Wrapping Up the Mars Lander||Apr 18, 2017|
- Preparing Data for Machine Learning
- Video Art: Experimental Animation and Video Techniques in Linux
- Simple Server Hardening
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU