Linux Journal Contents #25, May 1996
May 01, 1996 By Staff
Fortran Programming Tools under Linux
by Steven Hughes
Are you a Fortran user migrating to Linux from a non-Unix environment? Steve shows you how to take the Linux plunge without sacrificing your “native” programming capability.
Compile C Faster on Linux
by Christopher W Fraser & David R Hanson
An introduction to lcc, a compiler 75% smaller than gcc that also compiles more quickly and helps prevent some porting bugs.
Introduction to Gawk
by Ian Gordon
How to speed up your programming tasks using the GNU version of awk.
News and Articles
Creating a Linux Firewall Using the TIS Toolkit
by Benjamin Ewy
Get flexible and reliable control of your network's interaction with the outside world.
Letters to the Editor
Stop the Presses
From the Publisher
First Conference on Freely Redistributable Software
Linux in the Real World
The Rough and Tumble World of the Linux-based ISP
The Devil's in the Details
Keeping Track of Change with RCS
IPv6: The New Internet Protocol
Directories & References
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO
- Readers' Choice Awards
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Hodge Podge
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now