Linux Journal Contents #25, May 1996
Fortran Programming Tools under Linux
by Steven Hughes
Are you a Fortran user migrating to Linux from a non-Unix environment? Steve shows you how to take the Linux plunge without sacrificing your “native” programming capability.
Compile C Faster on Linux
by Christopher W Fraser & David R Hanson
An introduction to lcc, a compiler 75% smaller than gcc that also compiles more quickly and helps prevent some porting bugs.
Introduction to Gawk
by Ian Gordon
How to speed up your programming tasks using the GNU version of awk.
News and Articles
Creating a Linux Firewall Using the TIS Toolkit
by Benjamin Ewy
Get flexible and reliable control of your network's interaction with the outside world.
Letters to the Editor
Stop the Presses
From the Publisher
First Conference on Freely Redistributable Software
Linux in the Real World
The Rough and Tumble World of the Linux-based ISP
The Devil's in the Details
Keeping Track of Change with RCS
IPv6: The New Internet Protocol
Directories & References
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...