Linux Journal Contents #21, January 1996
Jan 01, 1996 By Staff
An Introduction to Python
by Jeff Bauer
Do you need help in the rapid development of applications? Jeff explains why Python could be the language for you.
Using Linux and DOS Together
by Marty Leisner
Taking the pain out of installing Linux on a machine for the first time.
News and Articles
CVS: Version Control Beyond RCS
by Tom Morse
Ever have conflicts when more than one person works on the same file? CVS offers a solution.
The Quintessential Linux Benchmark
by William van Dorst
All about the “BogoMips” number displayed when Linux boots.
From the Publisher
Letters to the Editor
From the Editor
Linux Systems Administration
Maximizing Linux Security, Part I
The chmod Command
Linux on Alpha AXP
Directories & References
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- New Products
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk