Linux Journal Contents #205, May 2011
Apr 30, 2011 By Staff
Live-Fire Security Testing with Armitage and Metasploit
by Raphael Mudge
Defend your network by attacking it. Armitage and Metasploit give you the same techniques skilled attackers use, in an easy-to-use package.
Virtual Security: Combating Actual Threats
by Jeramiah Bowling
Just because you've removed the physical, doesn't mean you've removed the risk.
Build a Better Firewall—Linux HA Firewall Tutorial
by Mike Horn
Use a combination of open-source packages to build and manage a Linux-based HA firewall pair that includes support for many of the advanced features commonly found in commercial firewalls.
Security Monitoring and Enforcement with Cfengine 3
by Aleksey Tsalolikhin
How can a configuration management tool increase security?
Installing an Alternate SSL Provider on Android
by Chris Conlon
A step-by-step tutorial on installing a third-party C library on Android.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Mad Libs Generator, Tweaks and Hacks
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
DNS Cache Poisoning, Part I
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Your Own Personal Server: Blog
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers' Tales from the Server
Panic on the Streets of London
Doc Searls' EOF
The Limits of Scale
Untangle's Multi-Functional Firewall Software
by Shawn Powers
The Google Cr-48 Mario Chrome OS Notebook
by Daniel Bartholomew
In Every Issue
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code