Linux Journal Contents #205, May 2011
Apr 30, 2011 By Staff
Live-Fire Security Testing with Armitage and Metasploit
by Raphael Mudge
Defend your network by attacking it. Armitage and Metasploit give you the same techniques skilled attackers use, in an easy-to-use package.
Virtual Security: Combating Actual Threats
by Jeramiah Bowling
Just because you've removed the physical, doesn't mean you've removed the risk.
Build a Better Firewall—Linux HA Firewall Tutorial
by Mike Horn
Use a combination of open-source packages to build and manage a Linux-based HA firewall pair that includes support for many of the advanced features commonly found in commercial firewalls.
Security Monitoring and Enforcement with Cfengine 3
by Aleksey Tsalolikhin
How can a configuration management tool increase security?
Installing an Alternate SSL Provider on Android
by Chris Conlon
A step-by-step tutorial on installing a third-party C library on Android.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Mad Libs Generator, Tweaks and Hacks
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
DNS Cache Poisoning, Part I
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Your Own Personal Server: Blog
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers' Tales from the Server
Panic on the Streets of London
Doc Searls' EOF
The Limits of Scale
Untangle's Multi-Functional Firewall Software
by Shawn Powers
The Google Cr-48 Mario Chrome OS Notebook
by Daniel Bartholomew
In Every Issue
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Senior Perl Developer
- So girls had it better ?
2 hours 45 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
3 hours 5 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
8 hours 37 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
13 hours 40 min ago
13 hours 59 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
14 hours 24 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
14 hours 38 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
20 hours 17 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
20 hours 51 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
21 hours 19 min ago