Linux Journal Contents #205, May 2011
Apr 30, 2011 By Staff
Live-Fire Security Testing with Armitage and Metasploit
by Raphael Mudge
Defend your network by attacking it. Armitage and Metasploit give you the same techniques skilled attackers use, in an easy-to-use package.
Virtual Security: Combating Actual Threats
by Jeramiah Bowling
Just because you've removed the physical, doesn't mean you've removed the risk.
Build a Better Firewall—Linux HA Firewall Tutorial
by Mike Horn
Use a combination of open-source packages to build and manage a Linux-based HA firewall pair that includes support for many of the advanced features commonly found in commercial firewalls.
Security Monitoring and Enforcement with Cfengine 3
by Aleksey Tsalolikhin
How can a configuration management tool increase security?
Installing an Alternate SSL Provider on Android
by Chris Conlon
A step-by-step tutorial on installing a third-party C library on Android.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Mad Libs Generator, Tweaks and Hacks
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
DNS Cache Poisoning, Part I
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Your Own Personal Server: Blog
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers' Tales from the Server
Panic on the Streets of London
Doc Searls' EOF
The Limits of Scale
Untangle's Multi-Functional Firewall Software
by Shawn Powers
The Google Cr-48 Mario Chrome OS Notebook
by Daniel Bartholomew
In Every Issue
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Firefox OS