Linux Journal Contents #202, February 2011
Feb 01, 2011 By Staff
Coming Soon to Linux Desktops
by Charles Olsen
Why the shift away from standard GNOME, and will Unity work for you?
The Second-String Desktop
by Shawn Powers
Your bulky default desktop might not really be as powerful as you once thought.
Organize Your Life with Nepomuk
by Stuart Jarvis
Nepomuk: hyped, mysterious and...useful?
Create Your Own Linux Desktop and Take It with You
by Rick Rogers
Sometimes it would be nice to have Linux on your keyring.
Kexi in Use
by Adam Pigg
Database applications just got easier.
Social from the Start
by Jono Bacon
The social-networking aspects in Ubuntu.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Communication in HTML5
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Dealing with Spaces in Filenames
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Status Messages in Screen
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers' Point/Counterpoint
Doc Searls' EOF
by Shawn Powers
by Mike Diehl
Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat in Amazon EC2
by Bill Childers
In Every Issue
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- My Network Go-Bag
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- Three More Lessons
- Calling All Linux Nerds!