Linux Journal Contents #202, February 2011
Feb 01, 2011 By Staff
Coming Soon to Linux Desktops
by Charles Olsen
Why the shift away from standard GNOME, and will Unity work for you?
The Second-String Desktop
by Shawn Powers
Your bulky default desktop might not really be as powerful as you once thought.
Organize Your Life with Nepomuk
by Stuart Jarvis
Nepomuk: hyped, mysterious and...useful?
Create Your Own Linux Desktop and Take It with You
by Rick Rogers
Sometimes it would be nice to have Linux on your keyring.
Kexi in Use
by Adam Pigg
Database applications just got easier.
Social from the Start
by Jono Bacon
The social-networking aspects in Ubuntu.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Communication in HTML5
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Dealing with Spaces in Filenames
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Status Messages in Screen
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers' Point/Counterpoint
Doc Searls' EOF
by Shawn Powers
by Mike Diehl
Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat in Amazon EC2
by Bill Childers
In Every Issue
|Be Kind, Buffer!||Apr 26, 2017|
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
- Be Kind, Buffer!
- Preparing Data for Machine Learning
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)