Linux Journal Contents #202, February 2011
Jan 31, 2011 By Staff
Coming Soon to Linux Desktops
by Charles Olsen
Why the shift away from standard GNOME, and will Unity work for you?
The Second-String Desktop
by Shawn Powers
Your bulky default desktop might not really be as powerful as you once thought.
Organize Your Life with Nepomuk
by Stuart Jarvis
Nepomuk: hyped, mysterious and...useful?
Create Your Own Linux Desktop and Take It with You
by Rick Rogers
Sometimes it would be nice to have Linux on your keyring.
Kexi in Use
by Adam Pigg
Database applications just got easier.
Social from the Start
by Jono Bacon
The social-networking aspects in Ubuntu.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Communication in HTML5
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Dealing with Spaces in Filenames
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Status Messages in Screen
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers' Point/Counterpoint
Doc Searls' EOF
by Shawn Powers
by Mike Diehl
Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat in Amazon EC2
by Bill Childers
In Every Issue
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment