Linux Journal Contents #202, February 2011
Feb 01, 2011 By Staff
Coming Soon to Linux Desktops
by Charles Olsen
Why the shift away from standard GNOME, and will Unity work for you?
The Second-String Desktop
by Shawn Powers
Your bulky default desktop might not really be as powerful as you once thought.
Organize Your Life with Nepomuk
by Stuart Jarvis
Nepomuk: hyped, mysterious and...useful?
Create Your Own Linux Desktop and Take It with You
by Rick Rogers
Sometimes it would be nice to have Linux on your keyring.
Kexi in Use
by Adam Pigg
Database applications just got easier.
Social from the Start
by Jono Bacon
The social-networking aspects in Ubuntu.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Communication in HTML5
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Dealing with Spaces in Filenames
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Status Messages in Screen
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers' Point/Counterpoint
Doc Searls' EOF
by Shawn Powers
by Mike Diehl
Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat in Amazon EC2
by Bill Childers
In Every Issue
|Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II||Jul 29, 2015|
|Hacking a Safe with Bash||Jul 28, 2015|
|KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile||Jul 28, 2015|
|Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu||Jul 23, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 22, 2015|
|Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator||Jul 21, 2015|
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- General Relativity in Python