Linux Journal Contents #199, November 2010
Nov 01, 2010 By Staff
The Large Hadron Collider
by Carl Lundstedt
Open-source software is helping power the most complex scientific human endeavor ever attempted.
Finding Your Phone, the Linux Way
by Daniel Bartholomew
Set up your N900 to phone home if it gets lost.
Control Your Linux Desktop with D-Bus
by Koen Vervloesem
Get on da bus!
Controlling Your Linux System with a Smartphone
by Jamie Popkin
It's not just for making phone calls!
by Bryan Childs
Open-source firmware for your MP3 player.
Web Application Security Testing with Samurai
by Jes Fraser
Test your Web application before malicious attackers do it for you.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
2010 Book Roundup
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Scripting Common File Rename Operations
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Building a Transparent Firewall with Linux, Part III
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Some Hacks from DEF CON
Doc Searls' EOF
Coding in Pixels
Chinavasion Pico Projector
by Kyle Rankin
In Every Issue
|Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)||Feb 17, 2017|
|Own Your DNS Data||Feb 16, 2017|
|IGEL Universal Desktop Converter||Feb 15, 2017|
|Simple Server Hardening||Feb 14, 2017|
|Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU||Feb 13, 2017|
|Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket||Feb 09, 2017|
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Linux Makes Wi-Fi Happen in New York City
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Returning Values from Bash Functions