Linux Journal Contents #194, June 2010
Jun 01, 2010 By Staff
Distributions—A Brief History
by Jes Fraser
The dawn of the distro.
Philosophy and Fancy
by Dan Sawyer
The intellectual axes of distribution design.
Small Systems and Big Iron: Linux on Non-x86 Computers
by Kira Scarlett
Linux distributions on “alternative” platforms.
Linux Distribution Chart
by Justin Ryan
See how your favorite distro ranks with other LJ readers.
An Introduction to MINIX
by Bruce Byfield
It's not just a filesystem supported by Linux.
Automating Remote Backups
by Michael J. Hammel
Save or lose it!
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Simple Scripts to Sophisticated HTML Forms
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Linux VPNs with OpenVPN, Part V
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Dynamic Config Files with Nmap
Dirk Elmendorf's Economy Size Geek
Organizing a Library
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers'
Doc Searls' EOF
by Mike Diehl
In Every Issue
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Sep 04, 2015|
|Android Candy: Copay—the Next-Generation Bitcoin Wallet||Sep 03, 2015|
|The True Internet of Things||Sep 02, 2015|
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- The True Internet of Things
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Android Candy: Copay—the Next-Generation Bitcoin Wallet
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects