Linux Journal Contents #194, June 2010
Jun 01, 2010 By Staff
Distributions—A Brief History
by Jes Fraser
The dawn of the distro.
Philosophy and Fancy
by Dan Sawyer
The intellectual axes of distribution design.
Small Systems and Big Iron: Linux on Non-x86 Computers
by Kira Scarlett
Linux distributions on “alternative” platforms.
Linux Distribution Chart
by Justin Ryan
See how your favorite distro ranks with other LJ readers.
An Introduction to MINIX
by Bruce Byfield
It's not just a filesystem supported by Linux.
Automating Remote Backups
by Michael J. Hammel
Save or lose it!
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Simple Scripts to Sophisticated HTML Forms
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Linux VPNs with OpenVPN, Part V
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Dynamic Config Files with Nmap
Dirk Elmendorf's Economy Size Geek
Organizing a Library
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers'
Doc Searls' EOF
by Mike Diehl
In Every Issue
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
|Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security||Nov 13, 2015|
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- How Will the Big Data Craze Play Out?
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- Libreboot on an x60, Part II: the Installation
- Strengthening Diffie-Hellman in SSH and TLS
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!