Linux Journal Contents #194, June 2010
Jun 01, 2010 By Staff
Distributions—A Brief History
by Jes Fraser
The dawn of the distro.
Philosophy and Fancy
by Dan Sawyer
The intellectual axes of distribution design.
Small Systems and Big Iron: Linux on Non-x86 Computers
by Kira Scarlett
Linux distributions on “alternative” platforms.
Linux Distribution Chart
by Justin Ryan
See how your favorite distro ranks with other LJ readers.
An Introduction to MINIX
by Bruce Byfield
It's not just a filesystem supported by Linux.
Automating Remote Backups
by Michael J. Hammel
Save or lose it!
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Simple Scripts to Sophisticated HTML Forms
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Linux VPNs with OpenVPN, Part V
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Dynamic Config Files with Nmap
Dirk Elmendorf's Economy Size Geek
Organizing a Library
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers'
Doc Searls' EOF
by Mike Diehl
In Every Issue
|Understanding OpenStack's Success||Feb 21, 2017|
|Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)||Feb 17, 2017|
|Own Your DNS Data||Feb 16, 2017|
|IGEL Universal Desktop Converter||Feb 15, 2017|
|Simple Server Hardening||Feb 14, 2017|
|Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU||Feb 13, 2017|
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket