Linux Journal Contents #194, June 2010
Jun 01, 2010 By Staff
Distributions—A Brief History
by Jes Fraser
The dawn of the distro.
Philosophy and Fancy
by Dan Sawyer
The intellectual axes of distribution design.
Small Systems and Big Iron: Linux on Non-x86 Computers
by Kira Scarlett
Linux distributions on “alternative” platforms.
Linux Distribution Chart
by Justin Ryan
See how your favorite distro ranks with other LJ readers.
An Introduction to MINIX
by Bruce Byfield
It's not just a filesystem supported by Linux.
Automating Remote Backups
by Michael J. Hammel
Save or lose it!
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Simple Scripts to Sophisticated HTML Forms
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Linux VPNs with OpenVPN, Part V
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Dynamic Config Files with Nmap
Dirk Elmendorf's Economy Size Geek
Organizing a Library
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers'
Doc Searls' EOF
by Mike Diehl
In Every Issue
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
|Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers||Aug 17, 2015|
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- My Network Go-Bag
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- Three More Lessons
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Calling All Linux Nerds!