Linux Journal Contents #194, June 2010
Distributions—A Brief History
by Jes Fraser
The dawn of the distro.
Philosophy and Fancy
by Dan Sawyer
The intellectual axes of distribution design.
Small Systems and Big Iron: Linux on Non-x86 Computers
by Kira Scarlett
Linux distributions on “alternative” platforms.
Linux Distribution Chart
by Justin Ryan
See how your favorite distro ranks with other LJ readers.
An Introduction to MINIX
by Bruce Byfield
It's not just a filesystem supported by Linux.
Automating Remote Backups
by Michael J. Hammel
Save or lose it!
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Simple Scripts to Sophisticated HTML Forms
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Linux VPNs with OpenVPN, Part V
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Dynamic Config Files with Nmap
Dirk Elmendorf's Economy Size Geek
Organizing a Library
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers'
Doc Searls' EOF
by Mike Diehl
In Every Issue
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
|Trying to Tame the Tablet||May 08, 2013|
|Dart: a New Web Programming Experience||May 07, 2013|
- RSS Feeds
- New Products
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- Home, My Backup Data Center
- Readers' Choice Awards
- What's the tweeting protocol?
- Developer Poll
- Dart: a New Web Programming Experience
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 hour 35 min ago
- play with linux? i think you mean work-around linux
10 hours 1 min ago
- Where is Epistle?
10 hours 7 min ago
- You forgot OwnCloud
10 hours 37 min ago
- aplikasi free
13 hours 51 min ago
- Having a framework
13 hours 55 min ago
- Fix my computer
14 hours 35 min ago
18 hours 42 min ago
- Missed one
19 hours 1 min ago
- web Host
19 hours 10 min ago
Enter to Win an Adafruit Prototyping Pi Plate Kit for Raspberry Pi
Congratulations to our winners so far:
- 5-8-13, Pi Starter Pack: Jack Davis
- 5-15-13, Pi Model B 512MB RAM: Patrick Dunn
- Next winner announced on 5-21-13!