Linux Journal Contents #193, May 2010
Introducing L20rk: the Linux Laptop Orchestra
by Dave Phillips
It's what Beethoven would be doing if he were alive today!
Comparing MythTV and XBMC
by Michael J. Hammel
Some options for your next video playback device.
Full Speed Ahead with Handbrake
by Anthony Dean
Watch your DVD library without reaching for the DVD player remote.
Comparing Five Music Players
by Bruce Byfield
Choice is good, but choosing can be difficult.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Converting HTML Forms into Complex Shell Variables
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Linux VPNs with OpenVPN, Part IV
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Linux Troubleshooting, Part III: Remote Networks
Dirk Elmendorf's Economy Size Geek
Remix the Internet and Your Television with the Roku DVP
Doc Searls' EOF
Prisons vs. Horizons
by Kyle Rankin
In Every Issue
|Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving||May 21, 2013|
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
- RSS Feeds
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving
- New Products
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- Download the Free Red Hat White Paper "Using an Open Source Framework to Catch the Bad Guy"
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
38 min 7 sec ago
- Keeping track of IP address
2 hours 29 min ago
- Roll your own dynamic dns
7 hours 42 min ago
- Please correct the URL for Salt Stack's web site
10 hours 53 min ago
- Android is Linux -- why no better inter-operation
13 hours 9 min ago
- Connecting Android device to desktop Linux via USB
13 hours 37 min ago
- Find new cell phone and tablet pc
14 hours 35 min ago
16 hours 4 min ago
- Automatically updating Guest Additions
17 hours 13 min ago
- I like your topic on android
17 hours 59 min ago
Enter to Win an Adafruit Pi Cobbler Breakout Kit for Raspberry Pi
Congratulations to our winners so far:
- 5-8-13, Pi Starter Pack: Jack Davis
- 5-15-13, Pi Model B 512MB RAM: Patrick Dunn
- 5-21-13, Prototyping Pi Plate Kit: Philip Kirby
- Next winner announced on 5-27-13!
Free Webinar: Hadoop
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?