Linux Journal Contents #191, March 2010
Taming the Beast
by Jason Allen
An introduction to large-scale system administration.
AlienVault: the Future of Security Information Management
by Jeramiah Bowling
OSSIM: giving security management a brain.
Use SSH to Cross a Suspect Host Securely
Don't fear the Valley of the Shadow of Death. SSH through it.
Using an SMS Server to Provide a Robust Alerting Service for Nagios
by Eric Pearce
Texting: not just for teenagers.
Running Ubuntu 9.10 under Amazon's Elastic Cloud
by Bill Childers
No servers? No problem, with servers in the cloud!
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Still Parsing the Twitter Stream
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Linux VPNs with OpenVPN, Part II
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Linux Troubleshooting, Part I: High Load
Dirk Elmendorf's Economy Size Geek
Kyle Rankin and Bill Childers'
/opt vs. /usr/local
Doc Searls' EOF
A Cloud of One's Own
Axigen Mail Server
by Mitch Frazier
In Every Issue
Special Reports: DevOps
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”
- Vagrant Simplified
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Bluetooth Hacks
- New Products
- Finite-Element Methods for PDEs
- Webinar: Maximizing NoSQL Clusters for Large Data Sets