Linux Journal Contents #188, December 2009
If last month's Infrastrucuture issue was too "big" for you then try on this month's Embedded issue. Find out how to use Player for programming mobile robots, build a humidity controller for your root cellar, find out how to reduce the boot time of your embedded system, and if you're new to embedded systems find out the basics that go into one. You can also read about the Beagle Board, the Mesh Potato and a spate of other interestingly named items. And along with our regular columns don't miss our new monthly column: Economy Size Geek.
Playing with the Player Project
by Kevin Sikorski
Programming mobile robots to interface with sensors, actuators and robots.
Introduction: a Typical Embedded System
by Johan Thelin
The common parts that go into an embedded Linux system.
Controlling the Humidity with an Embedded Linux System
by Jeffrey Ramsey
It's not the heat; it's the humidity.
Reducing Boot Time in Embedded Linux Systems
by Christopher Hallinan
The years fly, but the seconds can drag on forever.
The Mesh Potato
by David Rowe
Everybody loves a good Spud!
Isolated Multisession Workstations
by Jorge Salgado
Access Ubuntu, Windows, Mac OS and Citrix from the same workstation.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
2009 Book Roundup
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Calculating the Distance between Two Latitude/Longitude Points
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Message for You Sir
Dirk Elmendorf's Economy Size Geek
A Pico-Sized Platform with Potential
Doc Searls' EOF
Is “Open Phone” an Oxymoron?
The Goggles, They Do Something
by Kyle Rankin
In Every Issue
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Sep 04, 2015|
|Android Candy: Copay—the Next-Generation Bitcoin Wallet||Sep 03, 2015|
|The True Internet of Things||Sep 02, 2015|
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- The True Internet of Things
- Android Candy: Copay—the Next-Generation Bitcoin Wallet
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects