Linux Journal Contents #182, June 2009
What comes only once a year and you get a present? No, it's not your birthday, it's the Linux Journal Readers' Choice Awards. Check them out and see if your favorites won. And if the Readers' Choices don't give you enough to choose from see our Cooking With Linux column (back this month after a one month hiatus) for an overview of a host of other open source apps. And the goodness doesn't stop there, we also have articles on Dojo's grid widget, on SNMP and Nagios, on building your own cluster, on adding HTML validation to your test suite, and on a spate of other topics to soothe your open source gland.
Readers' Choice Awards 2009
by James Gray
Building a Linux-Based High-Performance Compute Cluster
by Tom Lehmann
Don't toss 'em, cluster 'em.
Dojo's Industrial-Strength Grid Widget
by Matthew Russell
Display arbitrarily large volumes of tabular data.
SNMP Monitoring with Nagios
by Jason Ellison
Monitor Dell servers with SNMP and Nagios.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Checking Your HTML
Marcel Gagné's Cooking with Linux
Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Deal or No Deal!
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Lightning Hacks Strike Twice
Doc Searls' EOF
The Post-Monopoly Game
In Every Issue
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- It Actually Is Rocket Science