Linux Journal Contents #174, October 2008
Interview with Guido van Rossum
by James Gray
The new Python 3000 is bounding beyond Python 2. Python creator Guido van Rossum explains why you've got to try it.
A Tale of Two Languages
by Daniel Bartholomew
Not all programming languages are created for automating spreadsheets and device drivers—some, like Inform 6 and 7, were created specifically for making games.
Shell Scripting with a Distributed Twist: Using the Sleep Scripting Language
by Raphael Mudge
A language for practical extraction and reporting with mobile agents?
The Falcon Programming Language in a Nutshell
by Giancarlo Niccolai
Messages can carry anything, including methods or whole Sigma sequences for remote execution in foreign objects.
State of the Art: Linux Audio 2008, Part II
by Dave Phillips
Dave Phillips weighs in on the production side of music and sound software for Linux.
The Well-Tempered PHP Developer
by Federico Kereki
PHP developers can get a comfortable, powerful environment with Eclipse plus some well-chosen plugins.
Enlightenment—the Next Generation of Linux Desktops
by Jay Kruizenga
Discover E, and unlock the secrets of Enlightenment.
Shawn Power's Current_Issue.tar.gz
10 PRINT "Hello World"' 20 GOTO 10
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Marcel Gagné's Cooking with Linux
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Interview with Marcus Meissner
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Wii Will Rock Linux
Doc Searls' EOF
Why We Need Hackers to Fix Health Care
Load Me Up, Load Me Down
by Dan Sawyer
Review of Scalent's Virtual Operating Environment
by Logan G. Harbaugh
In Every Issue
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Sep 04, 2015|
|Android Candy: Copay—the Next-Generation Bitcoin Wallet||Sep 03, 2015|
|The True Internet of Things||Sep 02, 2015|
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- The True Internet of Things
- Android Candy: Copay—the Next-Generation Bitcoin Wallet
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects