Linux Journal Contents #152, December 2006
Dec 01, 2006 By Staff
Editors' Choice 2006
by LJ Staff
Linux Journal editors pick their favorites.
LyX and Lulu
by Donald Emmack
LyX beats word processors for publishing.
Tighter SSH Security with Two-Factor Authentication
by Paul Sery
Can a USB pendrive work as a smart card?
A Server (Almost) of Your Own
by George Belotsky
Set up a virtual private server.
Examining Load Average
by Ray Walker
Can you trust CPU usage numbers?
by Lyle Frost
Do you really need a modern desktop PC to get your work done?
AcidRip—a Gtk2 Front End to MEncoder
by Daniel Bartholomew
DVDs are too fragile to keep without backups.
Federated Desktop and File Server Search with libferris
by Ben Martin
Federate your indexes to enhance searches.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Ajax Application Design
Marcel Gagné's Cooking with Linux
Tonight's Menu: Diner's Choice!
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Breaking Numbers Down
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Running Network Services under User-Mode Linux, Part II
Jon “maddog” Hall's Beachhead
Events for Suits
Doc Searls' Linux for Suits
Nicholas Petreley's /var/opinion
Plug This in Your Pipe and Smoke It
In Every Issue
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory