Linux Journal Contents #152, December 2006
Dec 01, 2006 By Staff
Editors' Choice 2006
by LJ Staff
Linux Journal editors pick their favorites.
LyX and Lulu
by Donald Emmack
LyX beats word processors for publishing.
Tighter SSH Security with Two-Factor Authentication
by Paul Sery
Can a USB pendrive work as a smart card?
A Server (Almost) of Your Own
by George Belotsky
Set up a virtual private server.
Examining Load Average
by Ray Walker
Can you trust CPU usage numbers?
by Lyle Frost
Do you really need a modern desktop PC to get your work done?
AcidRip—a Gtk2 Front End to MEncoder
by Daniel Bartholomew
DVDs are too fragile to keep without backups.
Federated Desktop and File Server Search with libferris
by Ben Martin
Federate your indexes to enhance searches.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Ajax Application Design
Marcel Gagné's Cooking with Linux
Tonight's Menu: Diner's Choice!
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Breaking Numbers Down
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Running Network Services under User-Mode Linux, Part II
Jon “maddog” Hall's Beachhead
Events for Suits
Doc Searls' Linux for Suits
Nicholas Petreley's /var/opinion
Plug This in Your Pipe and Smoke It
In Every Issue
|Android Candy: That App Is for the Birds!||Mar 22, 2017|
|Hodge Podge||Mar 21, 2017|
|William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)||Mar 20, 2017|
|Preseeding Full Disk Encryption||Mar 16, 2017|
|William Gurstelle's ReMaking History, Volume 3 (Maker Media, Inc.)||Mar 15, 2017|
|GRUB Boot from ISO||Mar 14, 2017|
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Hodge Podge
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Android Candy: That App Is for the Birds!
- Flash ROMs with a Raspberry Pi
- Minifree Ltd.'s GNU+Linux Computers
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- William Gurstelle's ReMaking History, Volume 3 (Maker Media, Inc.)