Linux Journal Contents #152, December 2006
Dec 01, 2006 By Staff
Editors' Choice 2006
by LJ Staff
Linux Journal editors pick their favorites.
LyX and Lulu
by Donald Emmack
LyX beats word processors for publishing.
Tighter SSH Security with Two-Factor Authentication
by Paul Sery
Can a USB pendrive work as a smart card?
A Server (Almost) of Your Own
by George Belotsky
Set up a virtual private server.
Examining Load Average
by Ray Walker
Can you trust CPU usage numbers?
by Lyle Frost
Do you really need a modern desktop PC to get your work done?
AcidRip—a Gtk2 Front End to MEncoder
by Daniel Bartholomew
DVDs are too fragile to keep without backups.
Federated Desktop and File Server Search with libferris
by Ben Martin
Federate your indexes to enhance searches.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Ajax Application Design
Marcel Gagné's Cooking with Linux
Tonight's Menu: Diner's Choice!
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Breaking Numbers Down
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Running Network Services under User-Mode Linux, Part II
Jon “maddog” Hall's Beachhead
Events for Suits
Doc Searls' Linux for Suits
Nicholas Petreley's /var/opinion
Plug This in Your Pipe and Smoke It
In Every Issue
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- November 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!