Linux Journal Contents #151, November 2006
Nov 01, 2006 By Staff
Interview with Tim Bray
by James Gray
Tim Bray releases Atomic energy.
Caller ID with Asterisk and Ajax
by Mike Diehl
Want to do your call screening by Web page?
Migrating to Drupal
by Abhijeet Chavan and Michael Jelks
What drove Planetizen to migrate to Drupal?
Simple Web Sites Using DocBook, XML and CSS
by David Lynch
How to build simple content Web sites using DocBook XML and CSS.
Linux and Open Source in Telecommunications
by Ibrahim Haddad
What's good about being disruptive?
SMART (Smart Monitoring and Rebooting Tool)
by Albert Martorell
A smarter way to monitor services.
A Basic Text-Based Recording Studio
by Matthew Geddes
You don't need a fancy GUI to create a powerful recording studio.
Building and Integrating a Small Office Intranet
by Dave Jones
Add server-side credentials to the LAMP stack.
Add Web Porn Filtering and Other Content Filtering to Linux Desktops
by Donald Emmack
Station DansGuardian over incoming Web content.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Marcel Gagné's Cooking with Linux
The Dynamic Web: for Those Who Like to Watch
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Analyzing Log Files Redux
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Running Network Services under User-Mode Linux, Part I
Jon “maddog” Hall's Beachhead
A Small Conference
Doc Searls' Linux for Suits
The Search for Terrestrial Stupidity
Nicholas Petreley's /var/opinion
In Every Issue
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script