Linux Journal Contents #147, July 2006
Jul 01, 2006 By Staff
Opinions on Opinionated Software
by Kevin Bedell
The creator of Ruby on Rails doesn't rail but opines.
Introduction to Ruby
by Reuven M. Lerner
New to Ruby? Here's the primer you're looking for.
by Dirk Elmendorf
A rich repository of modules called RubyGems awaits you.
Ruby as Enterprise Glue
by Maik Schmidt
How to pull together a heterogenous environment with Ruby.
Rails Writ Large
by Scott Raymond
If you want freedom, add constraints.
by Anthony J. Stieber
The unsung OpenSSL command line.
The Searchable Site
by Golda Velez
Take a glimpse at Webglimpse for search capabilities for your site.
Under-Ice Sonar Visualization
by Richard R. Shell, Garner C. Bishop and Douglas B. Maxwell
What's going on down under you.
by Matthew E. Hoskins
It's important to ask, who's watching the guard?
Reuven Lerner's At the Forge
Marcel Gagné's Cooking with Linux
A Gem of an Idea
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Jon maddog Hall's Beachhead
Sinking of the USS Proprietary
Doc Searls' Linux for Suits
Causes and Effects
Nicholas Petreley's /var/opinion
It's free. It's proprietary. No, it's two (click) two (click) two distros in one.
In Every Issue
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment