Linux Journal Contents #147, July 2006
Jul 01, 2006 By Staff
Opinions on Opinionated Software
by Kevin Bedell
The creator of Ruby on Rails doesn't rail but opines.
Introduction to Ruby
by Reuven M. Lerner
New to Ruby? Here's the primer you're looking for.
by Dirk Elmendorf
A rich repository of modules called RubyGems awaits you.
Ruby as Enterprise Glue
by Maik Schmidt
How to pull together a heterogenous environment with Ruby.
Rails Writ Large
by Scott Raymond
If you want freedom, add constraints.
by Anthony J. Stieber
The unsung OpenSSL command line.
The Searchable Site
by Golda Velez
Take a glimpse at Webglimpse for search capabilities for your site.
Under-Ice Sonar Visualization
by Richard R. Shell, Garner C. Bishop and Douglas B. Maxwell
What's going on down under you.
by Matthew E. Hoskins
It's important to ask, who's watching the guard?
Reuven Lerner's At the Forge
Marcel Gagné's Cooking with Linux
A Gem of an Idea
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Jon maddog Hall's Beachhead
Sinking of the USS Proprietary
Doc Searls' Linux for Suits
Causes and Effects
Nicholas Petreley's /var/opinion
It's free. It's proprietary. No, it's two (click) two (click) two distros in one.
In Every Issue
|The True Internet of Things||Sep 02, 2015|
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
- The True Internet of Things
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- My Network Go-Bag
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization