Linux Journal Contents #144, April 2006
Apr 01, 2006 By Staff
Why I Don't [strike]Like[/strike] [edit: Get] Wikis
by Dave Taylor
Are wikis headed for the Internet graveyard?
Using Wikis and Blogs to Ease Administration
by Ti Leggett
You don't have to use wikis and blogs as they were intended.
Installing and Customizing MediaWiki
by Reuven M. Lerner
How to get MediaWiki to strike a happy medium.
Podcasting for the Penguin!
by Jon Watson
Why pay more to create podcasts? We make it simple.
Creating a Planet Me Blog Aggregator
by Ben Martin
Reel in those blogs in Planet Me style.
Moving to Blog-City
by Dee-Ann LeBlanc
Want to whip up a fancy blog without getting your hands dirty?
Xoops, You Can Do It Again and Again
by Juan Marcelo Rodriguez
Blog it yourself with object-oriented extensible content management.
Remote Temperature Monitoring with Linux
by Steven M. Lapinskas
How to use Linux to track global warming (or maybe just local warming).
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Extending Web Services Using Other Web Services
Marcel Gagné's Cooking with Linux
Podcast on the Menu
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Calling All Functions, and Some Math Too!
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Security Features in SUSE 10.0
Doc Searls' Linux for Suits
The Producer Electronics Revolution
Nicholas Petreley's etc/rant
The Spirit of Open Source
In Every Issue
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks