Linux Journal Contents #135, July 2005
Jul 01, 2005 By Staff
OpenLDAP Everywhere Revisited
by Craig Swanson and Matt Lung
A new version of Samba makes this company-wide directory solution even more capable than before.
WIX: a Distributed Internet Exchange
by Richard Hulse
Neighbor-to-neighbor fiber and wireless are enabling new business plans, entertainment and more.
Easy Database Development Using Rekall
by Joshua Bentham
Why design a GUI business app in one vendor's locked-in solution when you can give your customers the flexibility to deploy anywhere?
Measuring and Improving Application Performance with PerfSuite
by Rick Kufrin
Throw more hardware at it or make it run faster? Here's the elegant, low-budget way to high performance.
Developing GNOME Applications with Java
by Mike Petullo
With modern tools, Java apps don't have to be second-class citizens. Integrate them with the rest of the desktop.
Text Manipulation with sed
by Larry Richardson
Use this file-tweaking power tool to clean up big files in a flash.
Designing and Implementing a Domain-Specific Language
by Ryan Paul
Designing the right language can make it easy to express the configuration you need.
Using an iPod in Linux
by Bert Hayes
Get your music collection moved over to Linux without losing your portable player.
Real-Time Control of a Magnetic Bearings Using RTLinux
by Harland Alpaugh
Real-time code on an ordinary PC suspends this spinning shaft in mid-air.
At the Forge
Databases and Calendars
by Reuven M. Lerner
Linux as an Ethernet Bridge
by Jim Robinson
Cooking with Linux
by Marcel Gagné
by Ren Bucholz
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- New Products
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Firefox OS