Whether you're a long time Linux enthusiast or a newbie, it is easy to become overwhelmed by the vast amount of Linux information available. We've compiled a short list of places you can most easily start your search for help. And remember, no matter what your skill level, you're not alone. Help is always available.
Linux Documentation Project
The LDP is an immense collection of free Linux documentation ranging from complete books to some of the best HOWTOs.
- LDP Home Page: headquarters of the documentation project
- HOWTOS: a collection of the more popular Linux primers
General Linux Discussions
- Linux Journal forums allow users to interact with each other.
- linux-list is a Linux mailing list hosted by Linux Journal that covers a variety of Linux topics with a high signal-to-noise ratio.
- linux-kernel is the high-traffic list where arguments over kernel development happen. Great if you're writing a driver or porting to new hardware, but bad for end-user questions. Do your homework before posting to this one.
- USENET features thousands of newsgroups specific to Linux.
We can't help but to blow our own horn here a bit but Linux Journal really is one of the best places to learn about everything-Linux. Crawl through our website for thousands of articles open to the public, many of which are presented in a hands-on, how-to style to help you learn the ropes. And whatever you do, don't forget to start your subscription today so you can stay on top of it all.
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
|Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App||Jul 14, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Numerical Python
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep