Unhappy reader - impossible to receive a confirmation of cancellation or a refund
Our organisation decided to cancel our subscription to LJ among other publication as a cost-cutting measure. We sent in a cancellation request in January thinking it was a clear-cut case, we had paid for a year's subscription in advance and were expecting at least a partial refund. But to date we have not received a confirmation that our cancellation has been received nor a refund been received.
So, went from a happy reader sorry to let go of a great magazine to a disgruntled customer feeling hard-done by.
|Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu||Jul 23, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 22, 2015|
|Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator||Jul 21, 2015|
|Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems||Jul 20, 2015|
|The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy||Jul 17, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Portable Apps, in the Cloud!||Jul 15, 2015|
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- Purism Librem 13 Review
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- General Relativity in Python