|ZFS Port to Linux ( all versions)||0|| 2 years 43 weeks ago
|The Ultimate Linux Box for the Consumer Market||5|| 4 years 10 weeks ago
| 3 years 24 weeks ago
by Keith Eckstein (not verified)
|Need clarification abt kernel||1|| 3 years 50 weeks ago
| 3 years 50 weeks ago
by Mitch Frazier
|Linux Robot, more hardware ideas||0|| 4 years 36 weeks ago
|Linux Robot - Watch this space||0|| 4 years 36 weeks ago
|Survey of readers was taken, results say...||0|| 5 years 9 weeks ago
by Carlie Fairchild
|Speed Up Your Web Site with Varnish||Jun 19, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style||Jun 18, 2013|
|Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud||Jun 17, 2013|
|Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer||Jun 12, 2013|
|Weechat, Irssi's Little Brother||Jun 11, 2013|
|One Tail Just Isn't Enough||Jun 07, 2013|
- Speed Up Your Web Site with Varnish
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer
- RSS Feeds
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style
- UX Designer
- So when they found it hard to
1 min 16 sec ago
23 min 27 sec ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
45 min 46 sec ago
- Android has been dominating
50 min 18 sec ago
- It is quiet helping
3 hours 36 min ago
3 hours 53 min ago
- Reachli - Amplifying your
5 hours 9 min ago
5 hours 58 min ago
- good point!
6 hours 1 min ago
- Varnish works!
6 hours 10 min ago
Free Webinar: Hadoop
How to Build an Optimal Hadoop Cluster to Store and Maintain Unlimited Amounts of Data Using Microservers
Realizing the promise of Apache® Hadoop® requires the effective deployment of compute, memory, storage and networking to achieve optimal results. With its flexibility and multitude of options, it is easy to over or under provision the server infrastructure, resulting in poor performance and high TCO. Join us for an in depth, technical discussion with industry experts from leading Hadoop and server companies who will provide insights into the key considerations for designing and deploying an optimal Hadoop cluster.
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?