The "Ultimate Linux Box" time of year is coming around again, and here at the Linux Journal office, we've been debating how to define what it means to be "Ultimate." I'm sure that my opinion is the correct one, but we decided it would be best to ask an impartial judge. That's where you come in. When you have visions of "The Ultimate Linux Box" in your head, what kind of computer is it?
|6||12|| 5 years 24 weeks ago
We're currently busy drooling over LinuxMCE, and just last year we were drooling over MisterHouse. Share your Linux smarthome experiences, link to videos of smarthomes in action, propose smarthome articles you'd like to see in Linux Journal or simply follow the conversation here in the smarthome forum.
|3||4|| 5 years 24 weeks ago
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Server Hardening
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- New Products
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development