My experiences so far...
Let me start by saying that I'm not intending for this to be another "I hate digital" thread.
I'll admit that I'm not thrilled about the change (my reasons have already been stated by others), nor the lack of notice (also stated by others).
But I've been a subscriber for a long time, and I've gotten a lot out of my subscription. So, as much as I don't like the move to digital-only, I figure I'll give it a chance.
That being said, I already have feedback regarding the digital edition.
First- I've used Texterity in the past for other magazines, and I don't like it. So it's PDF for me (or maybe the android app if that turns out OK, but I haven't used it yet).
Second- it appears that the September issue is already out, but I never received the notification email. The email address listed in my subscription info is correct, and I see nothing in my spam logs.
Third- The login for the subscription services (including digital download) is annoying. I really don't want to memorize my (otherwise useless) subscriber ID. Can this login be changed to a username, or email address, or something more memorable?
Fourth- The "Update Subscription Information" form defaults to "enhanced digital edition" every time I go back to it, no matter how many times I choose PDF (and yes, I'm clicking "Update my Account").
So yeah. Still not thrilled. But I'll give it a few months and see how it goes.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script