Going digital is fine but the formats are a joke
PDF is a bad imitation of a print magazine. Now the non-existent print magazine. PDF has never been a proper digital format for delivering the magazine. Yes, I have the PDF’s stored but have I ever read a single article form them? No.
"Enhanced Digital Edition”? An even worse insult to a paying customer. It’s like all the similar bad imitations of print magazines being tried on people in the last 10 years. And most people still don’t want such a craptastic on-screen format.
A dedicated app? Yeah right, just what I need. Another app that tries to replicate something that can be achieved without one.
Just give us a proper ePub version already. I for one do not want an imitation of a paper product. I want something done in a format meant for the eReader / iPad it’s going to be read on. In the FAQ you mention more features in the future like interactivity and video. These are things that can be accommodated by a format such as ePub and it can be used by the users in their favorite reader / management apps. It is a format specifically meant for this purpose.
Bottom line. PDF or “EDE” are not options. It’s either ePub* or I’ll walk.
* ePub being an example. There are other formats but I guess it’s the one I’m familiar with using.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- New Products
- RSS Feeds