Going digital is fine but the formats are a joke
PDF is a bad imitation of a print magazine. Now the non-existent print magazine. PDF has never been a proper digital format for delivering the magazine. Yes, I have the PDF’s stored but have I ever read a single article form them? No.
"Enhanced Digital Edition”? An even worse insult to a paying customer. It’s like all the similar bad imitations of print magazines being tried on people in the last 10 years. And most people still don’t want such a craptastic on-screen format.
A dedicated app? Yeah right, just what I need. Another app that tries to replicate something that can be achieved without one.
Just give us a proper ePub version already. I for one do not want an imitation of a paper product. I want something done in a format meant for the eReader / iPad it’s going to be read on. In the FAQ you mention more features in the future like interactivity and video. These are things that can be accommodated by a format such as ePub and it can be used by the users in their favorite reader / management apps. It is a format specifically meant for this purpose.
Bottom line. PDF or “EDE” are not options. It’s either ePub* or I’ll walk.
* ePub being an example. There are other formats but I guess it’s the one I’m familiar with using.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu