Going all Digital isn't all bad ;)
I figured I should put in a topic for supportive comments as well ;)
While I am not a huge fan of reading a magazine in digital form. Digital format is ok if:
1) We can always get access to the PDF.
2) At some point soon other formats will be supported (for kindles, etc)
3) You aren't pulling a Conde Nast and tracking how much time we are looking at each page, tracking every click, generally being a big-brother.
I read the following magazines (in no particular order)
1) Linux Journal
2) Model Airplane News
3) Flying Models
3) New Yorker
The New Yorker has an iPad app, but tracks every click you make. And doesn't offer PDF!
None of the others has gone digital only (yet?).
Harpers.org has the cleanest interface for finding and downloading PDF's of articles (which is fine by me).
But having a paper magazine is the best! I can carry it with me, without worry of water, theft, dropping it. It doesn't need charging, I can read it in the sun, at the beach. And it is light, easy to hold.
Why not charge a bit more for the paper version?
Just some thoughts,
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- RSS Feeds
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Security Hardening with Ansible