Going all Digital isn't all bad ;)
I figured I should put in a topic for supportive comments as well ;)
While I am not a huge fan of reading a magazine in digital form. Digital format is ok if:
1) We can always get access to the PDF.
2) At some point soon other formats will be supported (for kindles, etc)
3) You aren't pulling a Conde Nast and tracking how much time we are looking at each page, tracking every click, generally being a big-brother.
I read the following magazines (in no particular order)
1) Linux Journal
2) Model Airplane News
3) Flying Models
3) New Yorker
The New Yorker has an iPad app, but tracks every click you make. And doesn't offer PDF!
None of the others has gone digital only (yet?).
Harpers.org has the cleanest interface for finding and downloading PDF's of articles (which is fine by me).
But having a paper magazine is the best! I can carry it with me, without worry of water, theft, dropping it. It doesn't need charging, I can read it in the sun, at the beach. And it is light, easy to hold.
Why not charge a bit more for the paper version?
Just some thoughts,
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script