I too am not happy with the new decision for electronic distribution, especially since pdf really isn't viewable on typical e-paper ereaders. One of the nice things about a magazine is that you can BRING it with you (as someone mentioned... to that special place in the house). Thus, the money spent on the "Enhanced digital version" was a waste since, I suspect, few read the mag on their computer. The money SHOULD have been spent on how to best format it for readability on Kindles and Nooks, etc.
I hope LJ will have MULTIPLE PDF formats (one in typical magazine format and one in a ereader-friendly format) or even a MOBI format so people that still want to take their magazine with them, CAN.
Not everyone has a android or iPad tab and, instead, want to read with their ereaders (which can last weeks instead of hours without recharging).
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Mars Needs Women
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Mixtapes Community
1 hour 34 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
2 hours 8 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
2 hours 37 min ago
4 hours 32 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
5 hours 51 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
8 hours 25 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
9 hours 22 min ago
- It's Jupiter
23 hours 46 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
1 day 48 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 5 hours ago