Friendly Format for Electronic Delivery
I too am not happy with the new decision for electronic distribution, especially since pdf really isn't viewable on typical e-paper ereaders. One of the nice things about a magazine is that you can BRING it with you (as someone mentioned... to that special place in the house). Thus, the money spent on the "Enhanced digital version" was a waste since, I suspect, few read the mag on their computer. The money SHOULD have been spent on how to best format it for readability on Kindles and Nooks, etc.
I hope LJ will have MULTIPLE PDF formats (one in typical magazine format and one in a ereader-friendly format) or even a MOBI format so people that still want to take their magazine with them, CAN.
Not everyone has a android or iPad tab and, instead, want to read with their ereaders (which can last weeks instead of hours without recharging).
|Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu||Jul 23, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 22, 2015|
|Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator||Jul 21, 2015|
|Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems||Jul 20, 2015|
|The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy||Jul 17, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Portable Apps, in the Cloud!||Jul 15, 2015|
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- Purism Librem 13 Review
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- General Relativity in Python