Edit Canon MXF on Mac-Convert Canon C300 to MXF Prores/AIC for FCP/FCE/iMovie
The Canon EOS C300 supports the highest HD quality with Full HD 1920×1080 resolution with Canon XF codec, up to 50Mbps bit rate and 4:2:2 color sampling.Utilizing file-based MPEG-2 compression with an MXF File Wrapper ensures the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure, metadata and non-linear editing (NLE) systems. But after recording some files on the Canon C300, you may want to edit them in Final Cut Express 4. However, you may also face the problem that FCE 4 does not recognize the MXF .mxf videos. To make it easier for editing Canon C300 MXF videos on FCE 4, you can use MXF Video Converter for Mac, which was a great Mac Canon C300 MXF Converter. It can not only convert Canon C300 MXF .mxf videos to AIC MOV, but also make it easy for merge videos.
Below is the simple step-by-step guide for camcorder and camera users about how to keep and maintain 1080i from Canon C300 to Apple Intermediate Codec or H.264/AVC MOV for Final Cut Express 4 on iMac/MacBook Pro with Mac OS X like Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion.
Step 1. Add Canon C300 MXF videos to MXF Converter for Mac.
Connect your Canon C300 recorder to iMac with USB 2.0 cable or use card reader to transfer the .mxf files to Apple hard drive disk. Run Canon C300 MXF Video Converter for Mac from UFUSoft as the best Mac Canon C300 to editing software Converter, and click the “Add Files” button to load .mxf videos. This Canon C300 MXF Video Convetrer can convert mxf export lossless compression video/audio compatible with Final Cut Express 4 on Mac.
Step 2. Choose MOV with Apple Intermediate codec for Final Cut Express 4.
Click the “Profile” option, and move mouse cursor to iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) or HD Video > HD MOV Video (*.mov) as output format. To get 1080 videos, we need to click the “Settings” button and choose 1920*1080 as output video size. This is available in AIC MOV and HD MOV format.
Step3. Merge Canon C300 MXF files. (Optional)
Select the files in the filelist and click Merge, and the Mac Canon C300 MXF Video Converter will join and combine the video clips into a single file as output.
Step4. Convert Canon C300 MXF to AIC MOV for Final Cut Express 4.
Click the convert button under the preview window, the Mac MXF Video converter starts converting Canon C300 MXF to Apple Intermediate Codec MOV, and joining the MXF files for editing in FCE 4.
After converting and merging the MXF files, just import the output aic .mov files to Final Cut Express 4 for editing. Optimize your workflow and save time with the AIC compression for Final Cut Express 4. You can also import the output videos to iMovie 8/9/11 for editing in full HD.
1. If you would like to edit MXF with FCP/FCP X/iMovie, Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc, you can convert MXF to Mac itself bring format like prores MOV for FCP and iMovie, or transcode MXF to DNxHD, H.264 MOV, DV, AVI, M4V, MPG for Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects on Mac.
2. The MXF Converter for Mac also support other MXF recorders like: Panasonic AJ-HPM100, Panasonic AJ-HPM200, Canon FS-CF, HyperDeck Shuttle 2, Canon C300, FS-H200, HDS-V10P/E (camcorder), LTR-100HS, GFS-V10 and camcorders like Canon XF105, Canon XF100, Canon XF305, Canon XF300, Canon C300, Panasonic AJ-HPX2700, Panasonic AJ-HPX3700, Panasonic AJ-HPX3000,Panasonic AG-HPX500,Panasonic AG-HPX255, Panasonic AG-HPX250, Sony PMW-350K,PDZVX10, Sony PMW-EX3,etc.
You may also like:
- Convert/Import/Edit Canon EOS C300 MXF Footage for Adobe After Effects CS4/CS5/CS5.5/CS6
- Convert/Edit Canon EOS C300 MXF to MPG/MOV for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/CS5.5/CS6 on Mac
- Mac Convert/Edit Sony PMW-500 MXF to ProRes 422 MOV for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X
- Sony MXF to iMovie-Import/Edit Sony PMW-500 MXF to AIC MOV for iMovie 8/9/11 on Mac
- Import/Edit Sony PMW-320 MXF to AIC MOV for iMovie 8/9/11 without Rendering on Mac
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Server Hardening
- The Death of RoboVM
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- BitTorrent Inc.'s Sync
- The Humble Hacker?
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- ACI Worldwide's UP Retail Payments
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps
- AdaCore's SPARK Pro
In modern computer systems, privacy and security are mandatory. However, connections from the outside over public networks automatically imply risks. One easily available solution to avoid eavesdroppers’ attempts is SSH. But, its wide adoption during the past 21 years has made it a target for attackers, so hardening your system properly is a must.
Additionally, in highly regulated markets, you must comply with specific operational requirements, proving that you conform to standards and even that you have included new mandatory authentication methods, such as two-factor authentication. In this ebook, I discuss SSH and how to configure and manage it to guarantee that your network is safe, your data is secure and that you comply with relevant regulations.Get the Guide